New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By RKoz55 Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:19 am
I chopped a song on to the 16 pads. Is it possible to play the song on one track, and then use the second chopped track, where the first track would stop when a chop is triggered and then continue after the chop is finished? I imagine if I knew all of the terminology, I could find it in the MPC Bible.
By 83dude Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:15 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Program edit. Mute groups.

That wouldn‘t let the second track continue automatically afterwards, if no additional pads or notes are triggered there.
You could also insert the Mother Ducker FX on the track to be muted (1) and the Mother Ducker Input on track 2 (which shall trigger the ducking). You‘d need to play around with the settings, although this wouldn‘t mute your first track completely.
By BostonGreen Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:00 pm
83dude wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:Program edit. Mute groups.

That wouldn‘t let the second track continue automatically afterwards, if no additional pads or notes are triggered there.
You could also insert the Mother Ducker FX on the track to be muted (1) and the Mother Ducker Input on track 2 (which shall trigger the ducking). You‘d need to play around with the settings, although this wouldn‘t mute your first track completely.

Ahh yeah, ignore me lol