New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Visconte Cobram Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:44 am
HI all,
I have a Drum Program where the same sample has been loaded (assign samples) to two pads. I would now like the two pads (same sample) to have different end and start points.
I go into program edit, change the end and start point of one and the other is also changed.

I have the MPC Bible and I went through https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-workflow-rearrange-pads-finger-drumming-kits/ to learn how to do this but I seem to be missing something..

I recently learned the difference between NDS and Pad Parameters when creating a program from a chopped sample but this seems to be a different case, where I create a program by assigning existing samples to it..

Thanks for your help

EDIT ADDON:

In the "program" part of the Sample Edit page I used the Process->extract on the original sample/pad that I wanted to copy and created another sample with different name. I then assigned it to another pad (assign samples). Then I used program edit to change the start-end points of the newly assigned sample.

Is there a more "elegant" and quicker way to do this?