New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Visconte Cobram Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:46 am
HI all,

Not sure how to word this for the search function and didn't find help in the Bible or the User Manual for my MPC one running 2.11.3

I have a sequence that is long 8 bars.
when looped it sounds fine but if I play it from the start it just starts two quarters before of what I'd like it to.

I need to remove 2 quarters from the beginning of the sequence, move everything back 2 quarters and then add to the end of the sequence the two quarters that I removed from the top...
What is the quickest and foolproof way to do this?

I understand there might not be a dedicated function tho this but how an experienced user would do this?

Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:08 am
I'd say use MAIN > sequence row pencil > COPY EVENTS and copy the events from the preferred range (e.g. 01: 001: 480 - 02:004:240 or whatever) over to a second (blank) sequence set up with the same number of bars. Once you've copied the start portion for track 1, repeat for track 2 and so on (I think the time range would be remembered each time you run copy events for each track, so no need to keep completing, just change the track number).

Then repeat everything but this time copy that short start section over to the end of the second sequence.

Might be able to do something similar in grid view, I can't remember off the top of my head what's possible in standalone. But you could certainly do this quicker in the MPC Software grid.
By Visconte Cobram Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:30 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:I'd say use MAIN > sequence row pencil > COPY EVENTS and copy the events from the preferred range (e.g. 01: 001: 480 - 02:004:240 or whatever) over to a second (blank) sequence set up with the same number of bars. Once you've copied the start portion for track 1, repeat for track 2 and so on (I think the time range would be remembered each time you run copy events for each track, so no need to keep completing, just change the track number).

Then repeat everything but this time copy that short start section over to the end of the second sequence.

Might be able to do something similar in grid view, I can't remember off the top of my head what's possible in standalone. But you could certainly do this quicker in the MPC Software grid.

Thanks!

That worked pretty well!