New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By art-intel Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:44 pm
Hey Everybody,

I am looking for some help with an MPC X and Protools. I am trying to sync the MPC to my Protools sessions for a better workflow when creating drums. I originally tried to use MIDI in standalone mode but was having too many issues with latency and could not get the MPC to sync with my interface/Protools.

So I decided to try controller mode. I read this walkthrough from Inmusic:

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/maudio/ ... -Pro-Tools

However it doesn't mention where to place the MPC Plugin. Do I use an instrument track, MIDI track, Audio Track?
The other issue is that I have to use the MPC as my Playback Engine instead of my normal Audio Interface. So again I am confused about how to set this up to record audio from the MPC into Protools.

Using controller mode seems a bit convoluted for what I am trying to do so my question is what is the simplest, most straightforward setup for syncing the midi clock with Protools. Is it worth trying to use controller mode or should I continue trying to troubleshoot my MIDI issues?

Thanks!