New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By slingan Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:40 am
Hi there, just bought my first MPC some weeks ago, having great times!
Much to discover and some problems on the way i cant solve so hope somebody could help me!

I have a Technics1200 and Vestax mixer (PMC-06 Pro)
But it don't get any good sound to the MPC at all, unfortunately. Very low and bad

So i tried to go trough my stereoamplifier but the sounds is not great and I can only use the option "Sampling" not Pad sampling or the other ones.

Any good recommendations what I could buy so it could work with my turntable? New mixer or is it something else that I can use?

Thanks and have a great weekend :-)
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:57 am
Line out of the Vestax into the inputs of the mpc one is the required audio connection. If the levels are low make sure you have the channel level and gain on the Vestax set to a reasonable level.

Other things to check are the cables themselves. Are you getting a good output irrespective of the mpc, i.e. when you simply connect the Vestax directly to your amp? If not then the problem is related to the turntable/mixer.
By bitermc Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 am
Did you plug the turntable directly to the MPC or to a Line input of the aplifier?

Turntables usually need a special preamp, or to be plugged to a PHONO input of a mixer.
By slingan Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:56 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Line out of the Vestax into the inputs of the mpc one is the required audio connection. If the levels are low make sure you have the channel level and gain on the Vestax set to a reasonable level.

Other things to check are the cables themselves. Are you getting a good output irrespective of the mpc, i.e. when you simply connect the Vestax directly to your amp? If not then the problem is related to the turntable/mixer.

Hi,

I have the cable from line out to the MPC like you answer. And the gain is 50/50. But I haven't thought about adding some. Will try and see.

Hum, actually i didn't try with Another cable i had around. I will definitely try another one and see (hope it's just that)

Will write back later after testing!
By slingan Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:01 pm
bitermc wrote:Did you plug the turntable directly to the MPC or to a Line input of the aplifier?

Turntables usually need a special preamp, or to be plugged to a PHONO input of a mixer.

Hello!

I did this two setup:

Turntable > Mixer (phono in) / line out to > MPC (bad sound after nearly full record in level and master on the mixer)

Turntable > phono in/ line out Stereoamp > MPC (ok sound, but not great)

I tried to find information about my Vestax mixer if it had a inbuilt amp (since the technics don't have one).
By bitermc Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:23 pm

Output of a classic Technics 1200 is definitely phono, so that endpoint seems to be correctly connected.

Also, there is a GROUND connector that must be wired to the GND of the mixer (or to a big metal piece, but usually mixers have a GND input). The wire looks like this: