New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Just Beans Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:47 am
Hi, I recently bought at MPK Mini 3 and am trying to do basic setup on it.

I want to map the keys to an instrument (i.e. piano) and the pads to something else (i.e. drums). A couple of online guides say that I need to download the MPKMini MK2 Editor in order to separate the MIDI channels for my keys and pads. I was only able to find a PC version of that software through the Wayback machine (https://web.archive.org/web/20220710054 ... -mini-mkii) , but it doesn't seem to be working. I tried changing the channels (i.e. Pad MIDI channel 2, Keys MIDI channel 1) and sending to program 1. I am able to select MPK Mini 3 as my input and output. I then restart the program and "get" program 1, but the channels are still both 1.

Please, any help would be appreciated. I've been having so much difficulty finding online resources, and I sent Akai Pro a message about MK2 Editor (PC) being missing from their website and they haven't responded at all. Don't really know where else to go and have been feeling really discouraged by how much friction there is in a lot of basic functionality. :?