New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By mpcnoob3000 Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:48 pm
Sorta embarrassing, but I can't figure out how to transfer a sample pack onto my MPC's HD for standalone.

I can locate the folder in controller mode but when I switch back to standalone it isn't in my browser.

Hardware interacts with Software fine in controller mode but for some reason the device doesn't show up in finder as a driver? You know like if I attached my phone it would show up as 'phone' etc. As I would assume to just drag my files in this way?

I've done a reset after updating to the latest firmware but no avail, I'm thinking it's a problem with the OS? But I may also be missing something on the MPC Software?

Mpc Live 2.11.6
M1 Mac mini - ventura 13.0

Spent 4 hours trying to figure this out but no luck, any help appreciated!
By mpcnoob3000 Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:07 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You need to connect a disk to your mpc first, e.g. SD card, sata drive etc, then connect to your computer via USB. Then in the mpc software go to file > export > expansion and choose the mpc disk. You cannot export to the mpc internal drive

That makes sense, was waiting on black Friday for memory upgrades but will grab something in the meantime. Thank you for this!