New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By goped Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:12 pm
I connected my mobile phone to the line in connections, went to the sampler, pressed monitor in, set the red fader to -9, music is playing on the mobile phone, and then tried all the inputs, but there was no signal!
By 83dude Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Depends on your OS. Starting from macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and Windows 11 the audio interface is no longer supported, since no more drivers exist. Sorry. :(
By Telefunky Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:07 pm
The phone was connected to the analog inputs of the MPC, which is independent from any OS ;)
(I assume a cable from headset out to line in)
The phone may not detect any output device if it checks for headphones connected.
A line input has a much higher impedance, which appears as „nothing connected“ to the phone and it deactivates the output amplifier.
(this is not necessarily related to activity of the output meter)

If you have a headphone socket „duplicator“ (to use 2 headphones on one phone), you could plugin earbuds and use the other connection for the MPC.
(it‘s not a proper solution, but could verify if impedance is the source of the problem)
By 83dude Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:43 am
Also, your phone‘s output volume would need to be maxxed out. Maybe you‘re lucky.
By Telefunky Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:19 am
sorry, forgot the obvious: if the phone doesn‘t accept the cable connection as output, then the music should play through the built in speaker.
(no need for an adapter to test)