New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By SizZLeR Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:48 pm
Connecting the Live II with the included USB cable to a desktop USB 3 port, installed driver for Windows and sure enough the midi driver does show up within MPC on the computer as well as in softsynths standalone like Kort M1.

BUT no MIDI data seems to go out from the Live II, no matter what I choose for port or chn, nothing goes out and in to the computer.

According to the manual, connecting the Live II using the included USB cable, would carry both MIDI and audio both ways between the Live II and a computer, but it doesnt work. :-/

What is it im missing here and where do I find it, Ive been thru every setting related to MIDI and nothing I can find seems to be the issue??
By tequilatram Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:29 pm
You can’t send Mpc live 2 midi directly to pc via usb. The driver is for interacting with the Mpc software with the Mpc live 2 in controller mode. You can, however, get a 5-pin midi to usb adapter and connect the Mpc live 2 direct to the pc.
By Lancerben Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:42 am
You need a MIDI to USB adapter to work in MIDI mode not USB mode.
Now Beware... I lost two days doing a nice fancy setup with my controllers only to find out the MPC can't receive two identical notes on different midi channels (my 20 year old yamaha keyboard doesn't have this problem). So pissed right now... i can't believe that can slide in 2022-2023 let alone 20 years ago...
They really want you to stay confined into that "MPC workflow" !!!
By Lampdog Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:11 am
tequilatram wrote:You can’t send Mpc live 2 midi directly to pc via usb. The driver is for interacting with the Mpc software with the Mpc live 2 in controller mode. You can, however, get a 5-pin midi to usb adapter and connect the Mpc live 2 direct to the pc.

This.