New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By fallynnknivez Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:26 am
Pretty simple ask... On my MPC Live II; I have a multilayered auto-sampler instrument of 60-some keys (keygroups), starting at note C1 and going up from there... All i want, is to move them down 12 semitones, so starting at C0 (their position on the keyboard, NOT their tuning) while maintaining their relative locations (Not stacking them all on one single key)

The only way i am seeing to accomplish this, is one key at a time; going into the Keygroup Note Range screen, selecting keygroup 1, moving the low and high key options down 12 places, then back out to the third samples page to change the root note, then repeat 60-some more times.

Please tell me i am missing something, this has to be easier, i can't be the only one trying to move stuff around the keyboard? I have other instruments with more notes, that have gaps between some keys that i wanted to close up, by sliding ranges down a couple semi-tones as well... no way am i doing this note by note for every keygroup instrument i make.
By Lancerben Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:39 am
fallynnknivez wrote:Pretty simple ask... On my MPC Live II; I have a multilayered auto-sampler instrument of 60-some keys (keygroups), starting at note C1 and going up from there... All i want, is to move them down 12 semitones, so starting at C0 (their position on the keyboard, NOT their tuning) while maintaining their relative locations (Not stacking them all on one single key)

The only way i am seeing to accomplish this, is one key at a time; going into the Keygroup Note Range screen, selecting keygroup 1, moving the low and high key options down 12 places, then back out to the third samples page to change the root note, then repeat 60-some more times.

Please tell me i am missing something, this has to be easier, i can't be the only one trying to move stuff around the keyboard? I have other instruments with more notes, that have gaps between some keys that i wanted to close up, by sliding ranges down a couple semi-tones as well... no way am i doing this note by note for every keygroup instrument i make.

Yes also new to it...basically you go into Edit mode on the program -> global section -> Global Tab on the left -> transpose.. -12 to drop an octave + 12 to go up.
By fallynnknivez Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:27 pm
Lancerben wrote:
fallynnknivez wrote:Pretty simple ask... On my MPC Live II; I have a multilayered auto-sampler instrument of 60-some keys (keygroups), starting at note C1 and going up from there... All i want, is to move them down 12 semitones, so starting at C0 (their position on the keyboard, NOT their tuning) while maintaining their relative locations (Not stacking them all on one single key)

Yes also new to it...basically you go into Edit mode on the program -> global section -> Global Tab on the left -> transpose.. -12 to drop an octave + 12 to go up.

Transpose changes the pitch/tuning don’t it? I want them to stay the same pitch, as well as retain their interval relationship with one another. I’m just trying to start them on A1 instead of B1, or move keys down if there is a gap.

Currently i am making libraries on SampleRobot, normalizing and trimming with audacity, exporting them as bitwig, converting to decent sampler, editing values with sublime text, then converting to mpc. That is STILL easier then making, editing, and moving around on the mpc.