New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By mpckey61newbie Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:40 am
Hi,

I thought I was would use one of the Key 61 demo projects as a base to experiment with, by taking everything off except the drum track. When I tried to add a new plugin, it said I had reached the limit of 8. I cleared and deleted all the other tracks except the drum track, but I still couldn't add a new plugin. I read somewhere that this could be due to template used to create the demo project. Is there no way of deleting plugins you don't want in your project? I've tried purge, that didn't help either. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround?

Thanks again in advance!

Marek
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:04 am
mpckey61newbie wrote:I cleared and deleted all the other tracks except the drum track, but I still couldn't add a new plugin.

Clearing a track just removes the data on that track, strictly speaking you cannot delete a track, all 128 MIDI tracks are always there, they are each either 'used' or 'unused'.

Clearing a track does nothing to the program that was assigned to it, it will still exist in memory. To delete a plugin program, go to MAIN, assign that program to a track, hit the program row pencil icon and select DELETE