New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Daniel Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:33 pm
Hi I'm Daniel. A little while ago i bought the Akai professional MPK mini play. I want to use it in my reaper software but if I install the mini play. Reaper says I need to put an audio interface in. When I do that and hit record than I see input but when I listen to it afterwards it doesn't give a sound. I already tried to change my preferences but it still didn't work, I also already installed the starter software. I would really like to get some advice. Thank you
By 83dude Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:11 pm
The MPK series are straight MIDI controllers. You‘ll only be able to input MIDI data (comparable to notes in sheet music). You‘ll need to assign those to a software instrument (e.g. a VSTi). It won‘t produce any audio material by itself. The audio interface is responsible für recording real audio like your voice, or playback material (or said VSTis) already residing in Reaper.