New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By WavyJonez19 Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:09 pm
So I’ve just recently purchased a MPC Studio MK2 2 months ago. I want to get into making music production. So far I’ve been messing around with samples and chopping samples. I’m finding it hard to sequence my samples in the daw without sounding like there are gaps in the sequence between chops. I set the tempo to the original sample and time stretch it sometimes but I don’t know if it’s the software that is doing that because 1). I’ve read numerous reviews that the mpc2 software is trash and unintuitive, 2). Standalone mpcs are way better than using this midi controller in a daw or 3). I’m just not good like the pros and can’t make unique and smooth transitioning sample chops in my sequence. Any help as to why I’m having this issue. At first I thought maybe it’s because I’m running the hardware and software on my MacBook Pro with no audio interface and my laptop just don’t have the Audio juice for the programs or what. I’m new to this mpc instrument and mpc community. Any help and or advice I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks in advance.