New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By david Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:15 pm
I've seen a lot of people selling akais MPC expansions second hand. I've bought a few 'new ones' from jrr-shop and all I received was a download link. I've never seen instructions that they need to be registered to an account like you do with maschine expansions for example. So, are people who sell 'used' MPC expansions just selling a download link and no actual license transfer etc? What's to stop them selling the same license multiple times?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:14 pm
Akai's sample expansions are just a download link, they don't get registered in your account, there's no serial number. I have no idea if that is a legit site. but all the 'second hand' sellers on ebay are definitely NOT authorized resellers, Akai are constantly shutting them down, but one French guy just never gives up. He often bundles my MPC Bible along with all the expansions.
By david Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Jrr is a legit online store so no worries there. Thanks for the info. Seems a pretty flimsy way for Akai to be managing their expansion sales.