New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Lo Spesso Sat May 06, 2023 9:09 am
Hello everyone and thanks for the space... What do you think is the best MPC ever??? Regardless of the technology of the latest... I hope to read you many
By Lampdog Sat May 06, 2023 9:57 am
The first model that comes to your mind when you think “mpc” is the best one ever.
By Lo Spesso Sat May 06, 2023 10:03 am
Lampdog wrote:The first model that comes to your mind when you think “mpc” is the best one ever.

Hello... I was expecting maybe a more technical advice... like maybe audio converters etc etc
By Lo Spesso Sat May 06, 2023 1:59 pm
To tell the truth I do not understand if there is any version of MPC that has better converters to make the rap 90s ... Warm, analog sound... I seem to understand even surfing the web that many producers use older MPCs just because they simulate analog heat better... but they do not say which models.. I'm confused.
By dabmeister Mon May 08, 2023 12:28 pm
Lo Spesso wrote:To tell the truth I do not understand if there is any version of MPC that has better converters to make the rap 90s ... Warm, analog sound... I seem to understand even surfing the web that many producers use older MPCs just because they simulate analog heat better... but they do not say which models.. I'm confused.

I wouldn't say one particular MPC will give you all of what you're looking for. Two older models that come to mind imo would be the 60mk II & 3000.

But then again, you don't have to look specifically at the mpc line for what you're after. Akai had older rack samplers, Emu had the SP, Ensoniq had the ASR, etc.
By Christov Mon May 08, 2023 12:43 pm
Lo Spesso wrote:To tell the truth I do not understand if there is any version of MPC that has better converters to make the rap 90s ... Warm, analog sound... I seem to understand even surfing the web that many producers use older MPCs just because they simulate analog heat better... but they do not say which models.. I'm confused.

A big part of the 90s sound also is in the outboard used. Mixers, tape, analog compressors and such. If you wanna buy a mpc in 2023 Id get a new one. They got a mpc60 and mpc3000 emulation build in, which although it probably isnt the same thing is a nice touch. But you can't knock the current MPC line feature wise. I got a One and wouldn't wanna go back to a older model.
By Christov Mon May 08, 2023 12:45 pm
Adding a older racksampler to a current line mpc is a great option though. I got a EPS16+ and s950 rack just for that. Just resample them in a current mpc for sound coloration.
Last edited by Christov on Mon May 08, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HanHuman Mon May 08, 2023 1:41 pm
Christov wrote:Adding a older racksampler to a current line mpc is a great option though. I got a EPS16+ and s950 rack just for that. Just resample them in your mpc for sound coloration.
Absolutely, that's what people should look for if they want the best of both worlds. Otherwise The MPC 60 has the same hardware behind its sound than the S900/950. The 3000 is different hardware but very good as well (rack equivalent being S2800/3000/3200), everything after that doesn't qualify as old school sound at all.