New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By sojorner Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:01 am
I'm new to MPC. I have the MPC Studio and MPC 2.12 software. I'm totally enjoying this, however I am having a problem.
When I load a kit into the project / program, a list of samples show up. but I have no idea which sample is assigned to each PAD. Yes, I can do the testing of each pad and see which sample comes up, but to remember where each one is assigned, well. . . . . . I can't. Is there something I'm missing? any Suggestions?
Thanks
By richie Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:18 am
Send a message to Lampdog, he knows what pads the samples are on for your specific machine.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:31 pm
Lampdog knows nothing about mpc studio and mpc software.
Don’t trust Lampdog.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:52 pm
You can go to PROGRAM EDIT > SAMPLES (press samples twice for a more clear view of sample names). But these names are often truncated.

But the other way round, no, you can't instantly see which pads a sample is assigned to. In the MPC Software you can hit a pad and it will hghlight the sample within the project panel (well, it will highlight the sample on layer 1).