New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Blachotuczarz558 Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:16 am
Cześć, jestem perkusistą i chcę rozszerzyć mój zestaw o kontroler MIDI. Nie będę na nim tworzył muzyki a tylko wykorzystywał jako generator sampli. Jak długie sample mogę podpisać pod pady mpd218? Dzięki za pomoc.

Hi, I am a percussionist and I want to extend my kit with a MIDI controller. I will not be making music on it but just using it as a sample generator. How long samples can I sign to the mpd218 pads? Thanks for your help.
By 83dude Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:29 pm
The MPD218 is only a controller and doesn’t have a sample engine or respective memory.

You should look for an MPX, e.g. like this. Other products might be viable, depending on how you want to trigger your samples. If you want to use drum sticks, a sampling pad like this one is definitely better.
By Blachotuczarz558 Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:54 am
[quote="Blachotuczarz558"]Dzięki za pomoc. To mi bardzo pomogło. A wiesz może jakie długie sample mogę odtwarzać na mpx8?
By Blachotuczarz558 Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:54 am
Blachotuczarz558 wrote:
Blachotuczarz558 wrote:Dzięki za pomoc. To mi bardzo pomogło. jakie długie sample mogę odtwarzać na mpx8?