New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By alandalton Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:02 pm
Hi.

New user here.
Problem with solo/mute.

When I solo a track it plays fine but when I un-solo it to play with the other tracks, there's no sound from it.
I've deleted all automation from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan
By Ill-Green Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:13 am
Yeah, it can get confusing, but if a pad is not in Solo, then its muted, so you'll need to unmute it. For MPCs, the feature works like this: if you are soloing the pads, it is soloing the pads, no matter if you muted them or not and vice versa. Sometimes it happens to me too. But keep us posted.
By NearTao Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:15 pm
There's a few places where mute/solo can happen, so don't be afraid to look around.

I'll also mention that if things just feel "weird", save your project under a new name (like append rev2 or whatever to the end), go to the Menu, pick new... and then load your project. I've definitely had Q-LINKS get linked to multiple parameters, stuck solo/mute, and a few other things. Feels rare to me, but I wouldn't assume 100% you're doing something wrong.