New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By carl0s Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:40 pm
Hi, probably a daft question, but is there a quick and easy way of me using the MPC (Key 61) to do some simple 80s drum machine style loops. perhaps where it plays a pattern over and over, and then I push one of the pads and at the next bar it changes to a bridge section ride-cymbal type thing, and I press some other pads to get various fills.
pretty much like a jam-along drum machine.
that I could then have repeat itself while I mess around with synth basslines and stuff ?

I know I can sequence, and that ought to be easy enough, but I am looking for even simpler than that.

thanks,
Carl
By Ill-Green Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:49 pm
You are going to have to create several sequences of drum patterns and then you can play those sequences off the pads in any order. Though its been a year or so since I've handled a latest MPC, but there should be an option on how those sequences play out, either by the end of bars, or when you hit a pad at any time.

Also, there is song mode where you can chain these sequences in any order you like as much as you like.