New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By CHEAPNATURAL817 Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:00 pm
Hi all,

I am sure this is a nooby question for most of you and I have been using the search button super frequently for this question. I have tried to use this guide: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=211510

I hope someone is able to help me out!

Goal:

I have a MPC LIVE with MIDI-DIN-USB cable, because I want the MPC live in stand-alone to send the audio outputs to channels in Ableton.

Issue: mpc is synced with ableton (i.e. if i hit play in ableton also my midi input in mpc live will start simultaneously) but i get no audio output from the mpc to ableton, and therefore there is a issue, somehow.

Connectivity:

- MIDI I/O (IN MIDI 2 and MIDI OUT in B)

- USB connected to my computer

- Steinberg UR22C (which also has midi i/o)

Ableton and MPC settings

By Lampdog Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:23 pm
MIDI is not audio.

Only midi data travels thru this cable. Not audio. "MIDI-DIN-USB cable"

Where is your Live's audio being routed to? The main out ports, where are they connected?
By CHEAPNATURAL817 Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 pm
Thanks, that is indeed more clear!

In Ableton: my audio in- and output are routed to my Steinberg interface. From my Steinberg (https://www.steinberg.net/audio-interfaces/ur22c/) I have 2 XLR cables going into my monitors by using the main outputs in the interface.

My main goal is however to use the MPC in 'overbridge' mode (such as Elektron tools), whereas Ableton is the master and I can simultaneously fiddle on the MPC and I thought the MIDI-din would resolve that.

What am I missing?

Thank you for your response!
By Lampdog Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:15 pm
MPC needs audio output to audio interface input.
Audio interface can route mpc's audio into computer.

Midi is control and performance data, there's no audio in midi.
By 83dude Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:55 pm
Connect your MPC‘s output (Master L&R) to your interface‘s input, create an audio track with those ins and arm it (or set the channel mode to IN).

Enjoy!