New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Unguitar Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:59 am
Hi,

I'm preparing a live set where I want to use my MPC to manage long samples along a sequence.

I need to put these samples in play and stop them while the sequence keeps playing.
I've created two specific tracks with two separate programs, one for the sequence that has to keep playing and another with the long samples to play and stop.

Any suggested method?
thx!
By Unguitar Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:45 pm
thank you!
I'm sorry to need some more help, this is dark territory for me.
You mean I should create a specific program in which I have a pad which acts as a cutoff to stop a sample?
How do I do this?
I mean: should I put this cutoff pad in the same program where I have the sample to be played and stopped or should it be a different program?
And how this cutoff pad knows which sample to stop?
Sorry, this is totally new for me...
By st.bede Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:21 pm
I am not at my MPC so I can not check but here is a couple of ideas for a fade: I would assign the sample to a drum track (the four square icon) and either: A: go to program edit and edit the adsr, (off hand, I can not remember how powerful the adsr is), or use automation on the program’s mixer volume.