New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By tiredsheep Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:15 am
Hello everybody,

I almost finished a song but i messed the drums really up.
Unfortunatelly I created already a lot of sequenzes and i don't want to improve the drums for every single sequenz manually.

So my Idea was as follows:

1. Delete the drum pattern (and the effects) from the Chorus Sequenz to start here from scratch for some
improvement

2. Copy the improved drum pattern from the Chorus Sequenz and paste it to the other sequenzes

3. Do some small individual adjustments in the other sequenzes manually
So my questions refers to the second point.

Is it possible to copy & paste a drum pattern? Seq1 -> Seq2?

If yes, how?

If no, are there some alternatives for my problem?

EDIT: I use a MPC ONE - sorry, I guess that i posted my issue at the wrong place - please let me know if i shall post this topic in an other section (which is reffered to MPC ONE for instance)

Many thanks in advance!
I appreciate your expertise and your willness to support rookies like me!
By Lampdog Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:20 pm
tiredsheep wrote:2. Copy the improved drum pattern from the Chorus Sequenz and paste it to the other sequenzes

I’m using X, v2.12.2, seq1-trk1, seq area pencil icon, copy events, TO seq4 (unused) trk1 (unsused), ALL, COPY ALL EVENTS, REPLACE. Seq4-trk1 is now an exact copy of the original.

I’m using X, v2.12.2, seq1-trk2, seq area pencil icon, copy events, TO seq4-trk1 (events from above already in it), ALL, COPY ALL EVENTS, MERGE. Seq4-trk1 is now an exact copy of the original + the events from Seq1-trk2 merged into it.

Pay close attention everything on the COPY EVENTS page. My results were exactly as I wanted first try in each attempt. All fx and submixes followed to the destination without errors/problems.

S1-T1 -> REPLACE S4-T1

S1-T2 -> MERGE S4-T1

S4-T1 now has events from S1-T1 + S1-T2.
By tiredsheep Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:15 pm
I just checked if there are the described "buttons" and it looks good.

So I guess that it should work.

But I will try it during this week with several elements like notes, effects and automations.

As soon i did it, I will let you know and confirm here if it worked.

This would be a really helfpul way to improve my first projects =)