New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By columbo1976 Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:10 pm
Sorry for that super stupid question....I am totally new to the MPC world. Came from NI Maschine but decided to go with Akai now.

I got my MPC X SE few weeks before. There was a blue USB cable included. What kind of software do I have to use with a computer?

It is MPC Beats right?

I am a little bit lost, cause all YT videos I saw, they use it with the Akai MPK Keyboard.
Thank you for your help in advance! :-D
By columbo1976 Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Go to akaipro.com and register your MPC X. You'll get a download link and activation code for the MPC Software (MPC Beats is the basic, stripped down version)

thanks buddy, thats what i did when i got it. i just logged into this inmusicbrands.com profile again and clicked on my registered mpc. then i saw a "view downloads" button and clicked on it.there is a MPC 2.12 Desktop Software available. i guess thats it?

thank you :worthy:
By Seaninnj Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:42 am
Mpc 2 is the full DAW as well as a VST for your MPC. You probably won’t need it as you learn your mpc. Get the mpc bible and go slow and have fun. Good luck!
By columbo1976 Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:37 pm
Seaninnj wrote:Mpc 2 is the full DAW as well as a VST for your MPC. You probably won’t need it as you learn your mpc. Get the mpc bible and go slow and have fun. Good luck!

Hello Seaninnj and sorry for my late reply! Ok, thanks for the hint with the MPC 2 software.
I agree, I try to work dawless but was curious what to download just in case I want to try it out :-)