New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Unguitar Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:01 pm
ok, so this is saving all the data, from the sequences to the samples, effects settings and so on?
I mean, if I load this file on a totally wiped out MPC, am I supposed to find my project in all its splendor? :smoker:
I would like to make a generous clean up of my internally stored files and just want to make sure not to cry after doing it...
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:16 pm
Yes, It will save everything that is currently loaded into memory, that's what a project is. So if you load a project and re-save it, you'll effectively get an identical copy of that project on your external disk.

The only other option is to install an SSH hacked firmware into your MPC and manually transfer the projects via SFTP. But that's a very advanced option.
By Unguitar Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:48 pm
awesome, thank you!

I'm still surprised there's no native support for transferring files via usb or wifi

MPC-Tutor wrote:Yes, It will save everything that is currently loaded into memory, that's what a project is. So if you load a project and re-save it, you'll effectively get an identical copy of that project on your external disk.

The only other option is to install an SSH hacked firmware into your MPC and manually transfer the projects via SFTP. But that's a very advanced option.