New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Laburrows Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:06 pm
So I’m looking to buy either an MPC key 37 or an MPC live 2.

I’m in a band and the main purpose for getting one of these would be live performance. What I am looking to achieve is build interludes on the MPC which will be samples of voiceovers with electronics from MPC plugins on other tracks. I’m then looking to trigger them through one hit on one of the pads.

I would want to have all of my interludes on each of the 16 pads so I can tap it and it plays a multi track piece which will play whilst we are tuning up and between songs.

Swaying more to the key 37 so I can also have a synth on the keys to also play live rather than be limited to just triggering the interludes. Although the speaker and internal battery also sounds appealing!

Is this possible on the MPC? Am I going to run into problems or is it quite a straight forward job? Seems to be aimed very much towards beat making on the fly and I don’t know if this will fit my needs

Cheers (y)
By Lampdog Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:47 pm
Only Force has disk streaming, it may help to have that capability.