New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By peejaygee68 Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 am
Hello, I have a program with samples spread across the keyboard (key groups). I edited each sample to now have loop points and am stuck on the last step. When I play my keyboard the sample still cut-off, however when in the editor I can see the samples have loop points setup and when I press Pad 16, the sample loop point cycles over and over. Please help! :x
By 83dude Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:00 am
Ensure the following:
- Under pad play modes, select NoteOn.
- In PROG EDIT make sure the loop is set accordingly.
- In PROG EDIT check that you have an ADSR (not AD) envelope.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 am
Set a loop type in sample edit, as the pad 16 preview will still play a loop even if the sample itself isn't actually set as a loop.
In the bottom right of the touchscreen, set to Loop icon to FWD (circle icon with arrow to the right). In the MPC Software, just set loop:FWD

Or you can set a loop within the program (but you'll need to do this for every individual keygroup that you use it in) - program edit > samples > 'pad loop'

If the sample is supposed to always play as a loop, normally best to first set it as a loop in sample edit and whenever that sample is subsequently assigned to a program it should be set as a loop automatically.