New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
ByAspect Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:56 pm
Yo, I really can't get to understand about the whole saving thing.

My MPC2kXL carries a floppy disc, but seeing that there's so little space on a floppy, how in the hell do people save their things with that?

what exactly do I have to do to keep my stuff when I turn the power off and on again?

Could and should I upgrade to a compact disc writer instead of floppy?

Do I need something external (e.g. like a computer) if I wanna save?

Is it possible to go from my digital out on the MPC to a USB portal?

By BKnyc Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:20 pm
Upgrade your floppy to a zip drive if infact your XL still has a floppy. You can get one off ebay for like $40 US.
As far as the saving goes did you read the manual? Did you do a search on this forum? I'm telling you.. it's easier to read the manual or to do a search for basic questions like yours, but let me give you a hint.. when you save, save every song in it's own folder. You might also want to get a external zip drive for your computer so you can transfer files back and fourth.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:23 pm
Aspect wrote:Yo, I really can't get to understand about the whole saving thing.

My MPC2kXL carries a floppy disc, but seeing that there's so little space on a floppy, how in the hell do people save their things with that?
Small files can easily fit on a floppy.

what exactly do I have to do to keep my stuff when I turn the power off and on again?
You MUST save your stuff or it's lost when powered down.

Could and should I upgrade to a compact disc writer instead of floppy?
I use zip/scsi cdrom/scsi hd. I replaced my 2kxl floppy drive with internal zip250

Do I need something external (e.g. like a computer) if I wanna save?
no/yes. see above.

Is it possible to go from my digital out on the MPC to a USB portal?
NO, what are you thinking? :?