New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By dsmith Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:09 am
:shock:
I am kinda confused on which turntable to get. I really want to get the Numark TTX1 but it is pretty pricey. Should I bite the bullet and get it or opt for something cheaper? Any ideas on a cheaper one? What is the main features to look for when buying a turntable? I like the BPM counter on the ttx1. Please help me make a decision.

Image???

By dsmith Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:30 am
UPDATE: I picked up the TTX1 today, haven't really got to use it yet, but I think I made a good choice.

By dj_evs Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:08 am
It all depends what you're going to use it for.

There are two types of turntables. Belt Driven, and Direct Drive. The latter being more expensive. Belt driven turntables are powered by a large rubberband pully type of mechanism, and a Direct drive turntable's platter is powered directly by the motor hence the name.

If you're just going to be sampling, then you don't really need to worry about direct driven turntable, a belt driven one will work fine. It's prob. more important what stylus [needle] to use. Some have better sound pickup than others. I initially used some cheap stantons, but now use shure m44-7's.

But if you're going to be scratching, then a direct driven turntable would be better for your needs.

Hope this info helps...

By el-ectro Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:33 pm
TECHNICS 1200 its the dopest

By theworks Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:53 pm
I have been using the ttx1 get familiar with the many pitch cureve options. you can flip samples in strange ways. The 78 rpm function is a great production feature as well.

By dsmith Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:53 pm
One thing I didn't realize is that the key lock wont work in phono mode :( . Unless I am just not using it right? What exactly are you refering to about the pitch curves? I just got this thing and I haven't had time to "play" with it. Thanks

By theworks Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:56 pm
well, where there are the multiple bigger round buttons there is a quartz lock. turn this off to affect the speed in which the table spins (pitch). i prefer to up my highs on a mixer the slower i pitch th4e sample and vice vberrsa. the dope thing about the ttx1 is the standard pitch is obviously 0 then plus +10 rpms or -10 rpms all tables have this curve. the ttx1 is digital so there is another button i belive right below the lock that can adjust the fader to +20/-20 or even +50/-50 rpms (redicoulusly fast or slow). then if you don't want to use the fader you can take a slow r &b sample and 45 into a more hip hop tempo (kinda like ant from atmosphere or kanye west) by hitting the 45 speed. or if you want to do the same thing to a 45 you can hit the 78 speed by pushing both 45 and 38 i believe, at once. it is a great table when it comes to prduction the only test is wether they will last as long as a tech can with heavy use in smokey environments.

By dsmith Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:48 pm
As far as the key lock the only way to use this is with it switched from PHONO -> Digital, and hooked up to a digital IN on a digital mixer or some other digital in. Correct? thanks for your help.
By vh1 Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:28 am
1200 1200 1200 nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!

By mpc4000xl Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:23 pm
12 Are STANDARD and Solid But Very Feature Thin

And Techniques was soooo cheap they let the engineer go who possibly designed the most Recognizable Table of our time

Sad

By splinter Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:17 pm
Features smeetchers. All the features you need are in your fingers & wrists.
Technics all the way. Any other turntable ive looked at feels like comparing a German car to one made in Taiwan. :wink: