New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.

By stereoroid Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:07 pm
Use an audio editor like Audition or Audacity* to generate some pure waves at any frequency you want, transfer and loop them. A 30Hz Sine wave through big speakers is a wonder of nature.
Don't go too low, though. people start hurling at 18Hz or so, even if they can't hear it... :twisted:

* http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

By binger0 Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:51 pm
first off what genre of music are u producing.
do a search for this
"low + end + theroy" exacty how i typed it.

By The Beat Conductor Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:54 am
Thanks for all the help...
But I've dusted off my old Fender Squire, and decided to make some REAL bass lines 8)

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CONNECT YOUR BASS TO YOUR MPC1K, LISTEN UP!

1) MPC1K--->RCA - PATCH cables--->Mixer/DJ Mixer
2) Mixer/DJ Mixer--->Monitor/Headphones

It's That Simple!!!

By GOLIATH Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:48 pm
I bought a bass just to get spacific bass lines. But then i learned how to play it. Dang.... Now I can sample anything and put a richer fuller bass behind it. On top of that, I took one note and tweeked it in Acid pro to make it knock the sub!

Byxplicit Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:24 am
yo goliath how'd long it take you to actually learn BASS, and be able to play by ear and sample? i'm picking up bass soon, and wanna see other peoplez input on learning...

By GOLIATH Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:14 pm
Well... I tought myself, and I wouldnt try to do that again. LOL

But to be honest, my dad was a bass player in a band years ago and I used to pick his up when they werent in session.

In all, it took me about 6 months to learn. I would suggest tring to take a lesson or two to get the basics and then if your comfortable enough then dump the teacher and go on your own. A 4 string bass wiht a J p-up isnt too hard to get familiar with.

By peezie Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:04 pm
your mpc comes with a low pass filter. use it