New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By vh1 Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:00 am
I am having trouble saving my drum sequences on my xl. I believe i am saving the sequence the correct way but when i try to go back to it seems to be gone. however the sequence name is there and i can see it playing the sequence. However, i can not hear it! and yes i've checked my speakers and wire conections and that's not the problem. also, when i go to save the drum sequnce it keeps saving it as midi. does any one have any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong or is it possible my machine?
thanks, any input is appreciated!

By Krux Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:55 am
You're saving the sequences but you can't hear anything when they're played because you're not saving the program used for that sequence. (the program being the sounds you use) In the save screen, scroll to 'save all programs and sounds' and hit do it. Then when you turn the mpc on load up the .MID file (sequence) and the .APS file (All Programs and Sounds)
Hope that helps. For more info you can always check your manual. If you don't have a copy download it from the akaipro website.

Peace
By vh1 Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:10 am
thanks for your help! im still having trouble though! I've read the manual and I'm following the directions. when you told me to read the manual do you know what pages inperticular, off hand i should check out! maybe I missing it! thanks again for your input!
peace

By Lampdog Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:22 am
Save ALL and APS files to the same folder, this will also save all your sounds.
Keep your sounds, ALL and APS file for that song in that same folder and you should be fine.

ALL is you seq and mixer data settings.
APS is your samples, program, bank and drum settings.