New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By AI934 Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:48 pm
I make a sequence and go to all songs and sequences and save it, When I go to reload it and the drums and everything are all off and not the way I recorded them. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

By krush groove Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:22 pm
Choose save entire memory......I think!.... What mpc you using homie?...

By Lampdog Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:06 pm
Explain your gear and situation a little better.

By AI934 Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:02 am
All I have is a 2kxl with a zip and scsi drive.

By AI934 Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:05 am
Basicly the situation is I have a guitar loop which i laid drums over and when I save and reload it, the drums are'nt the way I recorded them, there all off beat. I recorded them in timing OFF, could that have something to do with it.

By Coconuts Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:38 pm
Look here homie, if you just made one sequence there is no need to save it as "All Sequences and Songs". In the case of just one sequence save it under "Save Midi Sequence". If you have multiple sequences like Intro on first sequence, verse1 on second sequence, etc...then you would use the "save all sequences and songs" function. Another thing is that everytime you save a sequence all you saving is the "Midi Data", you never mentioned if you saved your sounds onto your zip disk or what. When you save sequences you also have to save "All Programs and Sounds" to go with the sequences.

There is many possible ways that your sequence don't sound the same.

1) If you saved to zip, probably the name of the sounds or sequences you saved it under is being replaced by other sounds or sequences with the same name in the disk that you forget you named the same...(it happens)

2) You probably just loaded up the wrong program with the wrong sequence.

3)You accidently switched one of the midi programs in one of your tracks and you haven't noticed.

4) Before you saved your sequence you probably muted something or again changed midi programs within your tracks and you didn't know about it. Once you save something, everything like Mute,Solo functions,Midi programs changes etc...are saved...

5)There is many reasons for me to type man...some of it is just paying attention to detail and simple ish like the swing function % being too high or low, or the Quantasize being changed by accident to something ridicolous for what you trying to do.

Point Blank to save:

1) Name your sounds.
2) For one sequence go to SAVE and then SAVE A SEQUENCE
3) After that you should still be on the SAVE screen and go to ALL PROGRAMS AND SOUNDS and save it under the same name that you named your sequence to make things easier.
4)For multiple sequences save unde ALL SEQUENCES AND SONGS

that should work just fine given that your other sounds are not named the same as the new ones you save.