New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Dominique Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:10 am
I have some intruments that Im trying to make longer. So I can some back ground music. Every time I hit the pad it plays then stops. The sounds are a horn and gutiar. Any sugesstions.
By sleepersriddle Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:12 am
Dominique wrote:I have some intruments that Im trying to make longer. So I can some back ground music. Every time I hit the pad it plays then stops. The sounds are a horn and gutiar. Any sugesstions.

which machine?

suggestions:

1. timestretch

2. try setting loop points on the sample within the mpc (but might not work very well)

3. export to software and use an audio editor to set loop points and crossfade within the sample

By Dominique Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:32 am
I gotta MPC 1000. I have audacity and Goldwave so I have to loop the sound in software or somethin.

By sleepersriddle Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:49 am
Dominique wrote:I gotta MPC 1000. I have audacity and Goldwave so I have to loop the sound in software or somethin.

well definitely try the timestretch. it all depends on the specific sound how well it'll work.

but if it doesn't, software just makes it a lot easier to find the precise loop points so it will sustain as smoothly as possible. and lets you do more tricks like blending the ends of the loop together which a touch of reverb/crossfade etc.

imho...

im interested in what others will say too.

By M.ic P.ro C.rusher Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:10 pm
If you got PC software, you should be able to loop it for infinite sustain (echo?). Do a google search on the topic, it takes too long to explain over and over.