New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm
Get yourself on the right track from the very beginning with the following dedicated beat making resources for MPC heads:

MPC-Tutor.com - My site dedicated to MPC tutorials, articles and news for MPC owners.

MPC Manuals - All the user manuals and service manuals for all models of MPC.

MPC-Samples.com - Sound packs and drum kits made specifically for MPCs all featuing MPC programs I've personally tested and tweaked in all models of MPC (including JJOS) for 100% guaranteed compatibility.

MPC Tutorial Books - I've now written twelve tutorial books for most MPC models, all featuring hands-on, step-by-step tutorials that will help you master the MPC quickly by using practical and fun beat making projects.

MPC Stuff - If your MPC needs repair, or you want to pimp it up with some new fat pads or a new screen, MPC Stuff stock everything you need and are continually developing cool new parts of the MPC community.

JJOS - a third party operating system for the MPC1000 and MPC2500 that comes in a variety of different flavours including a free version that fixes all the bugs in the standard Akai OS. The paid versions introduce hundreds of new and advanced features - well worth checking out. And if you do upgrade, I wrote some tutorial books for the free JJOS (MPC2500), free JJOS (MPC1000) and JJOSXL :)

MPC Hunter - a continually refreshed list of all the second hand MPCs currently available to buy around the net

Midicase - resources for legacy MPCs (MPC3000/60/2000/XL), including the MPC Editor software for Windows.

Akai Pro - makers of the MPC.