Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Sweet Time Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:07 pm
Hi all you crate diggers, here's one for you.

I'm looking for a funky house track from around '91, or '92 that features a saxophone riff that is really catchy, I'd sing it for you but... anyways, I think there is someone that counts out loud 1, 2, 3, 4, and the saxophone plays a riff. I've been through numerous club hits of the early 90's but can't seem to find this elusive track. I heard it in France around '92. It's funky house. There is no prize for finding the track, unfortunately.

thanks for future posts

ST
By Sweet Time Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:50 pm
Hey I'm not expecting any miracles just thought I'd put it out there.
I narrowed down the years '92, '93, a saxophone riff that is catchy, and a shout out where someone counts to 4. That's as specific as I can get. I think it could have been remixed with the song "I'm the one and only dominator". Does that make it any more specific? Any groups I should try?

Thanks

ST
By JUKE 179r Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:13 am
It was probably some cheesey Hip House song with a Maceo Parker sax sample.
By Sweet Time Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 pm
Beach Break,

I haven't had time to check out all the dj duke tracks but you are right on the path. That's really close. I haven't heard a dj duke track with a sax sample. Juke 179r, yeah, come to think of it, it could be a maceo sample. If it is a Maceo sample what could be cheesy about a funky riff?

Thanks for the posts, they are greatly appreciated. Eight ball records is on my radar next.

ST