Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By dmajor100 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:45 pm
I have a few records and have done youtube sampling but just looking for other resources to look for samples. Not very knowledgeable on r digging and were to find samples for any help would be great.
By inflict3 Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am
:shock: :D
By KappNeffect Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 pm
Come on.......#%$#$

Seriously?!? Stop it. I am not going to tell you where I get my material...just as I would not expect anyone else to tell me where they get theirs.

What you do is....just browse. Get it from anything. I have visted sites that have built in music or my wife will be online playing games and I'll grab it. My son watches movies on the net... I'll grab it...

Stop imitating... get your own stuff, bro. This is why 5 million people sound the same... they all wanna know where to "E-Dig", "What to sample?", "How to sample", "How to time stretch" .... just figure it out and what you come up with will trademark your style most likely. If I tell you.... then there will be 2 of me doing it...

...and get more stuff besides the internet. **There is MORE...**
By pcise77 Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm
i remember when people wouldnt tell what they where playing. nevermind where the hell they got it. thats why they call it digging. would you tell someone where the gold was.
By MAD-tentacles Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:15 pm
http://youandmeonajamboree.blogspot.com/

I used to use You and Me on a Jamboree for dub stuff. You're going to find a bunch of loot by targeting vinyl-specific blogs using google. Record collectors all over the world share their finds through blog sites. This means tons of free digi-vinyl for you.

On another note, I personally think that e-digging is wack. Downloading MP3s or using video-sharing sites like YouTube will take a large bite out of your sound quality. Though I'm sure you can find downloads that are of a higer quality, I could only see using sites like these to become better aware of records that are out there - but I think you should then go out and find those albums and sample them like everybody else.

Go buy a cheap turntable - you can find them at hand-me-down stores for next-to-nothing.
By Ill-Green Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:16 am
There is no such thing as e digging, in fact its not even digging, its browsing and downloading. Digging is something physical, you get your hands dirty and dusty fingertips, in fact, one looks like a mole digging through crates if you ever saw a real digger. Its underground shit you cocksuckers don't appreciate.
By zakary Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:08 pm
the www is a good place to dig.
it is ones ability to identify & discover, not the place. One leads to another. Information is the power.
no pain, no gain

I think it's too early to say which is better, digital vs physical access to information. We're right in the middle of a revolution of access to information. It has never happened before in mankind history, anyway too much to analyze now.

I personally make the best of both. In most cases a download that turns out good for me i go digging for it. My record collection has become so much better ever since!

forward thinking fellas :)
By MAD-tentacles Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:12 pm
zakary wrote:the www is a good place to dig...I think it's too early to say which is better, digital vs physical access to information.

OKAY! But we're talking about downloading files with the intention of sampling - sound quality is pretty important. Listen to any file you download (ripped from the record or digital format) through some nice speakers or with high-end headphones. Then listen to the same song on the record--of reasonable condition--(or even a good ol' fashioned compact-disc) through the same rig. I think you'll find out very quickly that the physical stuff is of a preferable quality to sample from. You don't get the same sound when you download. There's no disputing that vinyl has that dirty, classic hip-hop sound. (No, you don't HAVE to use records!)

Lossless audio (FLAC) can be a pretty efficient way to get around quality problems - but you won't always find that (and to find it ripped from vinyl will make your search even more difficult)--plus the files are huge.

zakary wrote:We're right in the middle of a revolution of access to information. It has never happened before in mankind history, anyway too much to analyze now.

Thanks for that. I had no idea my high school Intro to Computers teacher collected vinyl. I think the fact that we're all here proves that we understand this already. :!:

zakary wrote:In most cases a download that turns out good for me i go digging for it. My record collection has become so much better ever since! forward thinking fellas :)

I already said that:
MAD-tentacles wrote:I could only see using sites like these to become better aware of records that are out there - but I think you should then go out and find those albums and sample them like everybody else.

I'm willing to bet there's a few more "forward-thinkers" in these threads than just yourself.
:|
By zakary Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm
@MAD-tentacles

You've got the answers young man and a great sense of humor

MAD-tentacles wrote:I'm willing to bet there's a few more "forward-thinkers" in these threads than just yourself.
:|

I'm willing to bet the same as well, honestly.

keep digging and get your attitude right, you could have the most precious record in your hands and you'll do **** all with it.
:)
By MAD-tentacles Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:22 pm
zakary wrote:@MAD-tentacles...get your attitude right, you could have the most precious record in your hands and you'll do **** all with it.

Don't get all upset there, Susan.

Just try to display a little more intellect with your next post.
Last edited by MAD-tentacles on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By zakary Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:29 pm
MAD-tentacles wrote:
zakary wrote:@MAD-tentacles...get your attitude right, you could have the most precious record in your hands and you'll do **** all with it.

Don't get all upset there, Susan.

Just try to display a little more intellect with you next post.

will do my best, i promise :lol: