Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By KidProcrass Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 am
Clint wrote:The Musical Instruments > Vinyl section of Gumtree is good if you're willing to take a punt on joblots and house clearances. Take the lot and dig through them in the comfort of your own home.

^This, I used to do this a lot and just had so much crap taking up space. So now i keep what i want and bring the rest to a few different records shops here in town. First one usually selects a few and i get store credit for dope records i wouldnt pay the price for and other stores buy in bulk and usually take the trade for some more. Managed to trade in for some pharoah sanders, cymande, charles earland, etc for peanuts of what i payed for the lots.
By HaterNob Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 pm
It think it depends on what you're after.

Charity shops in England are full of chud, like that Tomita album. Gotta to go through a lot of pain to get a little joy, if any....

...but if you want some real shit then you NEED to hit the fairs and the (very few) decent shops that are left.

I think the interweb is a very good place to dig also. Seems to get better with time.
By mastasteez Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:07 pm
HaterNob wrote:It think it depends on what you're after.

Charity shops in England are full of chud, like that Tomita album. Gotta to go through a lot of pain to get a little joy, if any....

...but if you want some real shit then you NEED to hit the fairs and the (very few) decent shops that are left.

I think the interweb is a very good place to dig also. Seems to get better with time.

Ditto...so much Cliff Richard out there and Top of The Pops compilations in our charity shops.
By Headphones Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:09 pm
Anywhere there’s cheap records. I was waiting for Georgetown Records in south Seattle to open. But half a block north was a street vendor who had 8 crates of records he was selling from a mobile home. So although I didn’t buy anything from him that day, I would definitely return to see what he had.