Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By binger0 Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:34 am
i like to buy funky shit from before 1979. Like Fred Wesley, Ramesy Lewis, John McLaugin is startin to become a fav. Lots of jazz, funk, rock, and other wierd shit that catches my eye. I love breaks too. Nothing from the 80s though. I hate shit with drum machines to sample from. I do like trippy synths and shit too though. The first thing i do thogh when i get a record is to see what instuments are on it, and what kind of dudes are playin em.

By esskodebeatz Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:39 am
binger0 wrote: Nothing from the 80s though. I hate **** with drum machines to sample from.

Haaaaaa sh*t yo, so right, sampling anything from the 80's era is generally a waste of time I find - lookin for that old skool flavour, not sh*ttily put together mixes and beats with no feel like Fruityloops haha!!
pz
ess.

By MattMatiks PG Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:50 am
Hey man... Don't knock FruityLoops... 9th Wonder uses FruityLoops... It ain't the gear, it's the producer behind the gear... I made some nice beats on FL... You can do some cool sh*t on there... The FX are real nice when you're starting out...

By aaron Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:53 am
dont hate on the 80's, not all 80's shit sounds like cyndy lauper laser gun music. a majority of the sh1tty cheesy 80's music comes from america

By binger0 Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:14 am
haha i will school some one with fruity loops. haha

By MattMatiks PG Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:29 am
binger0 wrote:haha i will school some one with fruity loops. haha

Same here Bing... I still use it sometimes for laying out Basslines with Soundfonts... FL is nice... Don't know why it gets all this bad rap like you can't make hot sh*t on it... It's like any other piece of gear...

By binger0 Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:53 am
reason is my new shit though. i rock that shit with my mpc and it is crazy.

By MattMatiks PG Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:06 am
I'm a firm believer in that you can rock whatever and still make beats if you're a true producer... You'll find a way to make it golden... Reason really ain't my thing, but I guess if I had to use it I'd be able to lace it right...

By binger0 Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:08 am
yeah man listen to alot of the new beats on my page they were made with reason

By MattMatiks PG Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:13 am
Yea you sent me a few... I know at least one of them was made on reason... You pointed it out...

By boywithpez007 Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:49 am
I stay away from that 80's sht, if I wanted 80's sounds id dust off my juno.... fk dat sht.... everythings gotta b b4 79...
I always love it when they put the instruments on the back...
Pez.

By binger0 Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:51 am
hell yeah. i love when they have a right up in the liner notes or a review or nice art or pictures or......... i just love wax.

By FLUENT Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:48 pm
yo not all 80s is like that , definitely not...the real disco and salsoul is cool
, leroy burgess, some KLEEER, starship orchestra, d train..thats early 80s...leroy burgess production is some ill shit, trippy synths , mega drums, shits pretty cool..more along the lines of uptempo soul music then sterotypical disco..

yeaaaaaaayuhhhhh!

By jorge guzman Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:05 pm
aaron wrote:the records i like to buy are spainish rock/soul from 75-85. im lookin for those grimey piano solos or some unique keyboard sounds anything nice and melodic

when i buy american soul records i look for some nice horns anything that is nice and easy and smooth

orchestral ****, ill just grab anything idont know much about this genre yet so im still trying to find those bands that have that nice sound

visual wise, i look for anything that looks quality im not sayin it has to be in amazing condition but if the cover is drawn with crayola crayons and looks like sh1t i prolly wont buy it. it needs tolook catchy and convincing
and i always check for labels,producers,instruments

thats about it

old spanish records are the ish... los angeles negros be having some st8 fiyahh.