Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By Archetype_J Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:04 pm
I gotta co-sign on turntable lab. Thats my sh*t right there. Everything from record cleaner and sleeves, to fresh t-shirt prints and graffiti books. Shit, even wax.

I'd like to share one, though i'm a bit reluctant... oh well..

check out: www.dustygroove.com

By Earnest Magilakutti Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:10 pm
The classical music thing is cool.I just dropped like $400 on season tickets to the local Symphony Orchestra.I went about a week ago and I was blown away at what I was hearing.Also a good tool(If your of age) is to go to the local bar's(Usually older sports bars) and just drop like $10-$15 in the jukebox and pick out songs by artist that you have never heard of.If you hear something you like make a note of it and keep going.I do this every night just about I usually throw on some music and shoot pool and have a beer or ten.The spot I'm hitting tonite has a jukebox full of mostly 70's and 80's rock,pop and elctro stuff.When Alchemist/Mobb Deep used that Thomas Dolby song "She blinded me with science" I knew instantly the first time I heard the Mobb version on the radio where the sample came from.I've also heard stuff in the jukeboxes that I know was sampled(Ususally by DJ Premier or Timband)that when you go look at the linear notes the sample was not listed...Also I had some folks that had a negative attitude towards it but there are millions of very useable samples to be had off the internet I won't name sites persay but don't knock it till you try it.They don;t even have to be in .wav format just run the audio out of your computer into your MPC.I grabbed about 100 famous movie phrases and stuff this way.

By binger0 Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:22 pm
:D www.ruggedbeats.com/samplinglove.html for all the info u need on sample sources

membres.lycos.fr/break2devil/newpage.html?
mad breakbeat list

www.sampleguide.tk/ Sample Source Dir.

www.secondhandsongs.com/home/ Sample Source Dir.

wherehiphoplives.com/diggin.htm What is diggin? Find out

www.worldofbeats.com/old_site/ Dope site bout Diggin

www.recordcollectorsguild.org/ All bout collection records. Really
good shit.

By dubmunkey Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:47 pm
nothing like a live orchestra!! saw last night of the proms years ago...mind blowing!!

greg

By GrantB Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:46 am
http://www.phatdrumloops.com/old_site/

This is a break sample site, which is good for beginners to learn the classic breaks and also if you have an idea for a classic break you want to try out but don't have the wax.