Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By braindeadfoo Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:28 am
i picked up a few breaks recently. i got cold sweat on 45 which is pretty sweet. i also picked up breakthrough and kissing my love but theyre reissues. i feel kind of cheap though
By damien907 Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:42 pm
**** it, ill get a re issue.

it does feel kinda dumb sometimes though when they are advertising breaks this or drums whatever, but oh well, they still chop the same. :smoker:

also lots of OG's are wayy too expensive to even be feasible for most of us, so why not just get the re-issue?
its actually pretty dope that they do it imo, because it makes a lot of these expensive ass records easier to get for us that arent trying to drop like 80 bucks on every break record or whatever.

for me its ok to do that sometimes, but its not realistic to build a collection that way, i have a few records i paid a lot for, but im def not able to build a collection of 60 dollar+ records.
By marrelarre Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 am
damien907 wrote:also lots of OG's are wayy too expensive to even be feasible for most of us, so why not just get the re-issue?

I agreee, I love breaks and like many other diggers treasure and collect break but some of them are craazy.
Ive seen impeach the president on 45 for like 130 bucks, which if i was making millions i would get because i mean its impeach the president!
but in reality thats twice my monthly record budget on a break that isnt even my favorite.
By medearis Wed May 13, 2015 4:32 pm
damien907 wrote:**** it, ill get a re issue.

My thoughts exactly.
Actually - REALLY glad I picked up the 180g 'Kind of Blue' repress. It sounds fantastic.
By Ill-Green Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:59 am
I cop reissues too, I don't give a ****. CDs or vinyl, if its dope music, I listen to it. I don't discriminate. I'm here to flip shit and thats all there is to it.