Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By damien907 Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:46 pm
you guys go? did you get anything?

i picked up a few gems.

thai pop spectacular, koes barat record, one of those mystery 45's that turned out to be husker du/ramones sheena was a punk rocker, colored half purple half orange or something like that, and a couple other ones that werent rsd releases.

pretty cool shit.
By Ian Canefire Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:00 pm
Hi,
I picked up a Calibre dnb record "Peso" from my local record store Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring MD. It was a fun time had. Good to see so many people in the store.
I actually do a show in there twice a month.
Biggup
Ian
By atasco Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:13 am
RSD is actually a disgrace because all these shiny coloured pressings clog up the pressing plants for months and prevent the labels that put out vinyl on a regular basis from sticking to their schedules.

I know it's all unintentional but it sucks for those who buy or release records the other 364 days of the year
By Wal Martian Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:32 pm
atasco wrote:RSD is actually a disgrace because all these shiny coloured pressings clog up the pressing plants for months and prevent the labels that put out vinyl on a regular basis from sticking to their schedules.

:nod: This is correct, the day was initially meant to drive business to small independent labels and shops, now it's almost hurting the indie labels more by postponing small vinyl runs. Also I could not get the J Dilla **** the Police picture disc anywhere in my city, I asked at the shops I went to and they all said 'We never got any'. I bet Amoeba San Fran got them... so larger stores are now getting favoured and taking money from indie stores.
By mastasteez Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:37 pm
Wal Martian wrote:[Also I could not get the J Dilla **** the Police picture disc anywhere [/color]

Yeah I really wanted this but couldn't get a copy. They'll b on Ebay for about £1,000,000 soon though so I'll just bag one then :roll:
By damien907 Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:38 pm
yeah i wanted that dilla too, i dont think my store got it either, but i didnt ask them.they did get quite a bunch of other stuff though, i also wanted the wu-tang, but i didnt see that one either.
its more of a rock oriented store though, so maybe they didnt order that one, if it works that way.

it does kinda suck it clogs up the plants though, but at the end of the day, i think its a great day for record stores in general. especially smaller ones.

it quite a few of these stores that are struggling to survive, and if they get a day like record store day, a lot of people come in just for that, so they make a lot of money that day which keeps em going.
some stores ive heard get like 60 or 70 percent of their business for the year just on that one day, so thats great for any small business.

i was reading some record forum, and one dude is buddies with the owner of his local shop. he said they usually make around 30k just on that one day. you cant really argue with numbers like that, even if they dont have everything you wanted to get.

do you guys know how many copies of the wu and the dilla they pressed? some of them were pretty rare, and i know they are gonna be worth quite a bit in the future.

there was only 4800 copies of the ramones/husker du 45 i got.