Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By abc Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:58 pm
Looking for some funk jam bands, like what The Allman Brothers are to blues. Any suggestions?
By phx_chronic Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:47 am
I mean, early Funkadelic was my first thought. Also, a ton of jazz funk stuff seems to fit that bill. Just depends how jazzy youre down with...
By abc Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 am
Got some nasty drums from Johnny Watson, but Funkadelic is really what I was looking for. The songs that go on for days, I had a bunch of albums from these other dudes like that on my old Ipod, but I lost it. They did the whole jam session thing but their sound was a lot cleaner.
By abc Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:30 am
Yeah, but it's more communal to ask. On Google you just get anyone who sold a decent amount of records. I trust the taste of the people here.
By jsf Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:08 pm
I find funny ppl can label every variant for most genre of music, but no matter the "style" funk is always funk eheh

droppin 2 songs to prove ma point

:smoker:
By abc Fri May 01, 2015 1:45 pm
Just casually listening to a few songs from this genre, I've got drums 10 times better then when searching for them in any of my soul, rock, blues & jazz albums put together.
By Chillin Mon May 11, 2015 6:09 am
abc wrote:Just casually listening to a few songs from this genre, I've got drums 10 times better then when searching for them in any of my soul, rock, blues & jazz albums put together.

By Headphones Mon May 11, 2015 3:36 pm
Curtis Mayfield/Superfly original soundtrack
Bobby Womack/Across 110th Street soundtrack
Isaac Hayes/Shaft soundtrack
Marvin Gaye/Troubleman soundtrack

That should get some funk in your samples!
By jsf Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 pm
oooi oi loving this funkey drama sort of thing
By The Jackal Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:52 pm
I don't particularly do a lot of hip hop/beat type stuff, at least as my main creative outlet...so there's a lot of weird and random stuff in this playlist I've made for my own sampling's sake...but one genre I like to steal from is european disco/european funk (for my one hits, stabs, vocals, sweet bass slaps) and I'm sure if you click on some of the vids in there and make your way around some of the sidebar suggestions, you'll find some interesting things:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CCD53449E3