Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Coz Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 pm
I quite like Gospel even though I'm a hardcore atheist. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't know where to look for it though so I'll subscribe to this thread... :popcorn: :worthy: :smoker:
By abc Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:42 am
You know it never occurred to me to look up "black gospel". I keep getting those crazy white people who seem to ironically put no soul in their music. I'm sure it's the same ones who think dinosaurs lived with people.
By Mike Boogie Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm
Always remember, 90% of great instrumentalists have some type of Gospel background. Especially piano and organ players, those cats are incredible.

And if you are really looking for some soulful voices. Late 60s, 70s some 80s "Black Gospel" is where it is at!

:smoker:
By richie Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:16 pm
So I was doing some research on the matter and found that the best place to find gospel samples is from actual gospel music.
By peeping tom Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:35 am
abc wrote:You know it never occurred to me to look up "black gospel". I keep getting those crazy white people who seem to ironically put no soul in their music. I'm sure it's the same ones who think dinosaurs lived with people.

white people people and religion generally equals all kinds of out there shit.
Black gospel makes me think of true soul.
By Headphones Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:35 pm
It's not really my thing, but I find them a lot in thrift stores. They're sorta easy to spot, if the titles are about God/Jesus/The Lord. Sometimes you need to inspect a bit closer to see if the label is for Christian music.

But for Soul Gospel records, I'm not too sure where those are found. :hmmm: