Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By dennison Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:20 am
does anyone know of any good diggin spots in denver, pheonix, or in texas somewhere? I am going to be taking a southwestern roadtrip and i want to stop at some places to buy some records?

By incurablebeatlust Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:29 am
twist and shout is a huge record store in denver all types of vinyl. massive store really..mecca in albq. is nice def gripped some sample tracks there. texas might be hard.. if ya come through sw colorado give me a shout.

By dennison Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:12 am
yeah mecca is one of my spots here in abq.
By TicToc Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:27 am
I flew out to Denver for the sole purpose of hitting Twist and Shout. That store is the illness, but bring a portable. They have like 15,000 records but only one listening station, and its usually someone bogarting it for hours at a time (I was that guy for one of those days I was there).

Mad 45s, found some classic 45 breaks ("Put Your Hand in the Hand" and "Lonely Bull") for like 50 cents, definitely worth checking out.

By mesh Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:11 pm
wax trax is in boulder. think they might have one in denver too though. this was about 3 or 4 years ago though.

i hear austin has spots though.
By dj_evs Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:46 am
TicToc wrote:I flew out to Denver for the sole purpose of hitting Twist and Shout. That store is the illness, but bring a portable. They have like 15,000 records but only one listening station, and its usually someone bogarting it for hours at a time (I was that guy for one of those days I was there).

Mad 45s, found some classic 45 breaks ("Put Your Hand in the Hand" and "Lonely Bull") for like 50 cents, definitely worth checking out.

Maybe you're not getting your pm's...where can I get one of those MPC rings? I'm in San Diego...

By Lord Toranaga Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:43 am
Earthpig-Colorado springs
Independent Annex-Colorado springs
Recycled Records-reno Nevada
Recycle records-Pueblo Colorado
Bart's Records-Boulder Colorado
Album's Up-Boulder Colorado
Mole 33-Fort Collin's Colorado
Black & Read-Denver Colorad(sick)
Wax Trax-denver Colorado(sick)
Twist & Shout-Denver Colorado(sick)
Jerry's Record Exchange-Denver Colorado(sick)

By Cell Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:11 pm
Austin has Antones which cycles through stuff. But its pretty small and my roomate and I go through it regularly. But twice a year Austin has a record convention. Supposed to be the most sellers in the US. Ive heard Shadow and other diggers go. There is one in the spring and one in the fall. The next one is Oct. 6-8. Im going with a portable turntable and food and water. =-) By the way does anyone have an opinion about the Vestax Handy Trax compared to the Numark pt-01?