Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By cyrus Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:03 pm
I just got a shure whitelabel.......and it is nice.

I only have one table (numark ttx)

So far they sound great....and really clear. ....realy clear. Im not sure if this is good or bad. Previously ive owned the shure m35s.....they where a little Beefier sound wise. so they seemed a little warmer. But im running them into my mpc flat.....So it definately is good range in freq...however some people might like that fatter not as clear sound.

NO CRACKLE so far(its still got that nice sound, but no pops or clicks).....i guess there is some, but very hard to detect; i also cleaned my records with gruv glide. Now i can differantiate between my cable hum and the record. I need new cables.

I wanted to get a needle that was better...but still all rounder because i didnt want to worry about ruining it in like 3 months....especially since im just sampling. But i can still back cue with them. Looks like they will work.

Plus for 100 bucks, they come with a nice case which is definately a bonus for when i want to store them......or i leave the house so my cat wont **** shit up. I feel like i got my moneys worth.

My favorite part of these are the lines on the front end that point to where the actual stylus is...and the stylus is red. So far skipping through records for sampling is easier because i can see exactly where the needle drops; before if it was dark in my studio i couldnt see shit!

JUST THought id share that for ya all. Im definately feeling them for sampling. well worth the money and they will last for sampling and some light scratching/ back cueing while sampling.

PEACE

By dj e.d.e Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:30 am
i heard those are for white labels records cause sometimes they sound really low so they kinda boost up the freq. but hey al that matters is that they sound good right, thats cool good score man.