Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By ZAM13 Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:13 pm
ZAM13 wrote:Yo theres a new product called THE MR.CLEAN ERASER. Check it it's a piece of foam that you damp. It removes any residue with out touching the Record grooves at all. try it on dirty wax it works awesome.
Bump this is the ish TRY IT...

By EYEO dbp Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:01 pm
i use eye glass cleaner with that little soft cloth that comes with it very clean but i am going to give the eraser a try.

By robertG Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm
with usin lighter fluid, do i bang it on neat. i shall put fag out b4 use

By mpc4000xl Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:16 pm
boast1 wrote:oh my god..reading through this thread almost brought me to tears (and not from joy). you guys know you can really **** up your records putting ammonia, armor all and all this **** on em right?! maybe not noticeable right away but trust me this **** will eat em up. maybe im just anal about vinyl but youve got to try and preserve this **** not soaking them embalming fluid and then spraying them down with canola oil kinda ****..ok im exaggerating..just if you do use tile cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, photoflo or whatever use like a couple drops in a bottle. be careful for reals..your wax could get **** indefinitely.
i use 4 parts distilled water/1 part 91% isopropyl alcohol and about 7 drops of dishwashing soap without any additives and ****. this **** works really good. also go to a music store and ask for a guitar chamois..theyre like a couple bucks and are perfect for wiping down without leaving scratches or anything.
and having a twenty year old used needle doesnt make your records sound more vintage, unless you want to completely ruin your records for future listening and having **** sounding records at the same time..change your needles bro! please for the love of your records..youre killing me over here[/i]

YEP I'M GLAD MY STICKY IZ MO' informed.......................

Amonia IZ OK Only in A VERY WEAK Form So CUT DA Bottle ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in FACT Just Get Alcohol.................40% and Cut It With Plain Water Buy 50% Down To Like 20% Through Mixin' the TWO........................

SHAMMY Cloth IZ KOOL................BUT U GUYS REALLY NEED to COP SOME RECORD BRUSHES they are Cheap and SIMPLE to USE and OFTEN INCLUDE A NEEDLE BRUSH.....................

and RECORDS AINT JUS ABOUT "Cleanin' DA VINYL"......................

There IS A LABEL Center and An OUTER SLEEVE ETC........................

Check MY A "WORD ON VINYL CARE" sticky for some more info Pics
and LINKZ..............

8) .. 8) .. 8) .. 8)

By MONEY MOB Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:00 pm
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO.

WHICH ONE IS BETTER? THAT VINYLEX OR GRUV GLIDE?

By Jessiah Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:09 pm
yo, this old lady at my favorite record shop says to use BOUNTY paper towels. They supposedly are very good at getting into the groves, and it leaves no residue. This is important. Im not sure what she uses for liquid cleaning... i would suggest a little soapy water, or some diluted windex.

By joeybells Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:43 pm
Here's the truth.

Always clean first with warm water and a tiny bit of soap in the sink, using a soft cloth. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and leave to dry.

Then wipe off any bits with a lint-free cloth.

Then use an antistatic record cleaning fluid (they usually come with a cloth)

By dj e.d.e Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:21 pm
joeybells wrote:Here's the truth.

Always clean first with warm water and a tiny bit of soap in the sink, :oops:

WRONG!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!!
dude your trippin have you ever seen what warm WATER or heat does to a record?

you never use warm water........ USE COLD

By mindcontrol Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:56 am
from reading all of this i have come to my own conclusion..

blow on your records and wipe em with a clean shirt or cloth OR

clean your records with soapy water and a cloth, or possibly bounty towels.

sounds the best to me

By bLuDsHoTbeats Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:10 pm
This stuff Gruve Glide is the best. It is like 30 bucks and last forever. The little black pads it comes with are even better. It is great for eliminating static too.

By dj e.d.e Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 pm
bLuDsHoTbeats wrote:This stuff Gruve Glide is the best. It is like 30 bucks and last forever. The little black pads it comes with are even better. It is great for eliminating static too.
that stuff's over price and over rated junk IMHO, you need a silicone based cleaner to really cut down on static, i used that gruv stuff but i didnt notice anything , i got some method that works and really sounds great this method is older then me and passed down .an old family secret

By bLuDsHoTbeats Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:52 pm
Drop that knowledge!!!!!!! That shit is a little pricey.

By mindcontrol Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 am
dj e.d.e wrote:yo man this has been brought up numerous times do a search next time.

and like i posted on the other threads use:

first wash the record if it's really dirty and dusty; wash with soap( soap of your choice doesnt matter) rinse with cold water. never with hot the sh!t will warp your records) deadly^^ dont know what you were thinking in less your J/K. take a napkin or paper towel and wet it with soapy water and wipe in circular motion, then rinse scrub litely with your fingers to get the soap off you can see the soapy film rinse till that comes of in a few seconds, then wipe with a soft dry cloth smooth cloth not a ruff cloth.
then use
alcohol straight(dont have to be watered down it's not as effective).
alcolhol is better cuase it wont leave a film to it and it's not a fuel like the liter fluid is , the alcohol evaperates no worries,

no it's not going to make your sh!t sound like new but it will make them sound better than before,you will never get a record to sound like a cd be cause there to different type of media ANOLOG and DIGITAL ,yeah your record will still sound grimey it's vinyl,
i've been using this method for 20yrs + and it works great for me , i think binger ha sa good method too , but like i said it's going to leave a film of some sort it's a fuel theres oils in fuel. hot water is a deadly combo too because heat will just warp your Sh1t it's like playing your records in the sun with out a trap your just looking to have taco's i've seen it . matter of seconds before it taco's up . any heat keep your records away from.

hope you can get somthing from this, i've been using this for many years.

oh and another thing about the label it wont peel or come up or off, they put them on very well, sh1t if you break a record the label is still intact,
just dab the label dry it dont scrub becuase well you will rub of some of the ink , thats way you dab not scrub you digg

peace
the vinyl doctor
e.d.e

im going to follow this method lol

By peezie Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:55 am
he probably meant luke warm, no where near hot. Ive been cleaning my records with warm soapy water and havent noticed anything bad.
dj e.d.e wrote:
joeybells wrote:Here's the truth.

Always clean first with warm water and a tiny bit of soap in the sink, :oops:

WRONG!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!!
dude your trippin have you ever seen what warm WATER or heat does to a record?

you never use warm water........ USE COLD