Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By fire Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:40 pm
No matter how much you clean a record it will never sound like a cd. That is why it is a record and a cassette is a cassette and a cd is a cd.

Was that a serious question? Because if not, I feel like an idiot for answering it.

By tdot Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:19 am
i just blow on it like a nintendo cartridge and wipe it off with my shirt. ghetto but it works

By Toecutter Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:42 am
man... blow on nintendo tapes...that used to be the remedy for the blinking screen...

By Prah_860_ Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:05 am
Toecutter wrote:man... blow on nintendo tapes...that used to be the remedy for the blinking screen...

hell naw that was a band-aid

By Scheme Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:26 am
u guys ar enuts.. us e palmolive to get rid of grit and grease gingers ahev oil and make dirt stick.. palmolive works best and shit stays crispy

By Prah_860_ Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:57 am
Scheme wrote:u guys ar enuts.. us e palmolive to get rid of grit and grease gingers ahev oil and make dirt stick.. palmolive works best and **** stays crispy

this is the down right truth!

real spit!

By jpeg Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:13 am
dstruction wrote:man i had the same needle since i was like 8 (im 23 now) im not worried about damagin it ya dig. Maybe i shouldnt clean em then?

classic qote, lol

By dj e.d.e Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:33 am
yo man this has been brought up numerous times do a search next time.

and like i posted on the other threads use:

first wash the record if it's really dirty and dusty; wash with soap( soap of your choice doesnt matter) rinse with cold water. never with hot the sh!t will warp your records) deadly^^ dont know what you were thinking in less your J/K. take a napkin or paper towel and wet it with soapy water and wipe in circular motion, then rinse scrub litely with your fingers to get the soap off you can see the soapy film rinse till that comes of in a few seconds, then wipe with a soft dry cloth smooth cloth not a ruff cloth.
then use
alcohol straight(dont have to be watered down it's not as effective).
alcolhol is better cuase it wont leave a film to it and it's not a fuel like the liter fluid is , the alcohol evaperates no worries,

no it's not going to make your sh!t sound like new but it will make them sound better than before,you will never get a record to sound like a cd be cause there to different type of media ANOLOG and DIGITAL ,yeah your record will still sound grimey it's vinyl,
i've been using this method for 20yrs + and it works great for me , i think binger ha sa good method too , but like i said it's going to leave a film of some sort it's a fuel theres oils in fuel. hot water is a deadly combo too because heat will just warp your Sh1t it's like playing your records in the sun with out a trap your just looking to have taco's i've seen it . matter of seconds before it taco's up . any heat keep your records away from.

hope you can get somthing from this, i've been using this for many years.

oh and another thing about the label it wont peel or come up or off, they put them on very well, sh1t if you break a record the label is still intact,
just dab the label dry it dont scrub becuase well you will rub of some of the ink , thats way you dab not scrub you digg

peace
the vinyl doctor
e.d.e

By mpc4000xl Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:21 pm
Indeed Indeed ....................

YO I really try not to Cop Scuffed joints but when I Have ...........

I Make Sure It Has An Inner Sleeve then I Use A Record brush
Dust out the Inner Sleeve and Cardboard Jacket (sometimes I Use Pfan-Stat) Cleans the vinyl and removes static the I Return the Vinyl to inner sleeve the sleeve 2 the cardboard jacket and Add a Plastic outer jacket.

I'm Painstakin' with My Wax and Needles.........

ONE

If I want Crackles I Just sample and layer the sounds this way
you have control of the noise. :lol:

By DSTRUCT Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:08 am
fire wrote:No matter how much you clean a record it will never sound like a cd. That is why it is a record and a cassette is a cassette and a cd is a cd.

Was that a serious question? Because if not, I feel like an idiot for answering it.

maybe i shouldve rephrased the question. What i meant was will cleaning it take away from the grime and dirtiness that i love about wax? I like the crackles and pops. I understand cds and vinyl have totally different properties, but i was using "cd" because they are so clean sounding.

peace

By mpc4000xl Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:46 pm
You Can Sample Off A Cd or Tape and If It sounds 2 Clean

Then Sample And Use A PC Plugin (Distortion, Amp Simulator, Bit Crusher Etc) or

Layer As I Said Above (A Great Purpose 4 those OLD warped Joints)

By elmacaco Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:24 pm
Best stuff I've found is a bit of ammonia with lots of water in a spray bottle. Sometimes I add a bit of lighter fluid but just a pinch.

By dj e.d.e Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:04 pm
elmacaco! dude, you mixing chems you maken bombs to clean your records, you might get a reaction thats going to effect your vinyl.
just a thought
peace

By elmacaco Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:47 am
Never making bombs!

Nah, I got the tip from a vinyl seller in Philly, his shit was immaculate, so I had to ask.

Never affected the vinyl other than cleaning it.

By Phatz Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:48 pm
hot water will cause a warp on thinner vinyl be carefull