Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

By DSTRUCT Sat May 14, 2005 7:42 pm
Piecelock70 wrote:
dstruction wrote:man i had the same needle since i was like 8 (im 23 now) im not worried about damagin it ya dig. Maybe i shouldnt clean em then?

whatever man, if so, you obviously don't listen to records or use your
record player much. I think your avatar sucks by the way.

actually i listen to records everday, not only for sampling purposes, but ive been listening to entire LPs for years. About you not liking my avatar, i dont give a flowers honestly, its just a avatar on a forum haha. dont look at it

By REN Sun May 22, 2005 5:48 am
hey dstruction i feel that. there is nothing sexyer then having a honey overe and putting on Marvin Gaye's - Superstar. NOTHIN!

By DSTRUCT Sun May 22, 2005 11:35 pm
REN wrote:hey dstruction i feel that. there is nothing sexyer then having a honey overe and putting on Marvin Gaye's - Superstar. NOTHIN!

chicks love the crackle of vinyl

By ^Owni Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:47 pm
My Turntable is from 1970 or earlier... its from my parents. Same needle, same sh1tty-a$s Turntable with no direct drive and a f*cked up GRND cord.

You can almost feel the Vintage-energy surrounding it 8)

By Gadget Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:19 pm
I just buy some cheap babywipes, does the job

By Trouble Man Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:11 am
Nothing beats some ass paper and some rubbin alcohol... Toilet paper is good to your wax. Rub lightly... :wink:

By hutchthemack Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:56 pm
hey i just found this stuff called VINYLEX IT DOES WONDERS :lol:

By boast1 Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:30 am
oh my god..reading through this thread almost brought me to tears (and not from joy). you guys know you can really **** up your records putting ammonia, armor all and all this shit on em right?! maybe not noticeable right away but trust me this shit will eat em up. maybe im just anal about vinyl but youve got to try and preserve this shit not soaking them embalming fluid and then spraying them down with canola oil kinda shit..ok im exaggerating..just if you do use tile cleaner, scrubbing bubbles, photoflo or whatever use like a couple drops in a bottle. be careful for reals..your wax could get **** indefinitely.
i use 4 parts distilled water/1 part 91% isopropyl alcohol and about 7 drops of dishwashing soap without any additives and shit. this shit works really good. also go to a music store and ask for a guitar chamois..theyre like a couple bucks and are perfect for wiping down without leaving scratches or anything.
and having a twenty year old used needle doesnt make your records sound more vintage, unless you want to completely ruin your records for future listening and having shitty sounding records at the same time..change your needles bro! please for the love of your records..youre killing me over here[/i]

By peezie Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:34 pm
i use that stuff on my car. :shock: dunno if its good for records.

hutchthemack wrote:hey i just found this stuff called VINYLEX IT DOES WONDERS :lol:

By THE CRAFT BEATS Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:50 am
I USE DENATURED ALCOHOL. GET IT AT HOME DEPOT. YOU CAN GET SOME DISTILLED WATER AND MIX IT. I LIKE TO USE IT STRAIGHT UP FROM THE BOTTLE INTO A SMALL SPRAY BOTTLE. IT HASN'T FAILED ME YET.

CARLOS

WWW.THECRAFTBEATS.COM

By joey cusack Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:07 pm
REN wrote:hey dstruction i feel that. there is nothing sexyer then having a honey overe and putting on Marvin Gaye's - Superstar. NOTHIN!

yeah you said it!

cd-generation.. tsss.

By ZAM13 Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:59 pm
Yo theres a new product called THE MR.CLEAN ERASER. Check it it's a piece of foam that you damp. It removes any residue with out touching the Record grooves at all. try it on dirty wax it works awesome.

By djchampagne Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:04 pm
yeah
By djchampagne Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 pm
this is for 911 purposes only. If u got minor to semi-major scratches you could get a pencil w/eraser and lightly use the eraser to fill in the scratches. Don't use to much but use enough.