Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By Jgray Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:20 am
So ever since I can remember there has been a record shop in the small town where i grew up, and I have always been able to go there and pick up new wax when i would come home to visit from college. As of late I have been very broke but recently saved up a nice lil chunk of cash put aside for a large stack of new ish to sample. This weekend was supposed to be a great visit home to hang with the fam and go and dig and be merry and s**t. So i wake up early this morning and drive into town, find a nice parking spot and walk up to the front door of my trusty shop and what do I see? Absolutely nothing!!!! The entire contents of the store was gone, only sad remnants remain where loads of sweet LP's used to sit. It **** up my day to no end, I wanted to kill somebody. I guess I'll just have to stick to thrift shops and garage sales. Sorry if this sounds like I'm whining, but I had to vent. Hope everyone elses weekend did sessions went better than mine. Peace!!!

By JStruMENTAL Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:40 am
so sad :( i have to stick to thrift stores, unless i want to go to hartford, or new haven, i live in new britain so theres only thrift stores, hartford his 5 mins away but i dont feel like it :)

By thematterlp Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:54 am
I usully go to the local Flea Market.....I search dollar bins, but today I went up to a shop a few towns up and copped a few and actually spent more money than I wanted.....they didn't have everything I want, but it's cool when winter hits, I'll stay to flea markets too, find diamond in the ruff shit
By Lampdog Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:04 am
Jgray wrote:So ever since I can remember there has been a record shop in the small town where i grew up, and I have always been able to go there and pick up new wax when i would come home to visit from college. As of late I have been very broke but recently saved up a nice lil chunk of cash put aside for a large stack of new ish to sample. This weekend was supposed to be a great visit home to hang with the fam and go and dig and be merry and s**t. So i wake up early this morning and drive into town, find a nice parking spot and walk up to the front door of my trusty shop and what do I see? Absolutely nothing!!!! The entire contents of the store was gone, only sad remnants remain where loads of sweet LP's used to sit. It **** up my day to no end, I wanted to kill somebody. I guess I'll just have to stick to thrift shops and garage sales. Sorry if this sounds like I'm whining, but I had to vent. Hope everyone elses weekend did sessions went better than mine. Peace!!!

I've had that happen to me a couple of times in South Central LA where I went to old MOM and POP stores and nothing remains. Sorry for you but keep hope alive man..

By Jgray Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:05 am
Thanks guys, appreciate that others have gone through this. I have to say that I do enjoy garage sales and thrift stores, you can find good stuff for cheap which is tight. Until them I'm keeping my hopes up on finding another hidden gem. Peace!

By spectre Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:32 am
JStruMENTAL wrote:so sad :( i have to stick to thrift stores, unless i want to go to hartford, or new haven, i live in new britain so theres only thrift stores, hartford his 5 mins away but i dont feel like it :)

You "don't feel like" taking a 5 minute trip to get vinyl? Give up digging.

By butcher Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:32 am
spectre wrote:
JStruMENTAL wrote:so sad :( i have to stick to thrift stores, unless i want to go to hartford, or new haven, i live in new britain so theres only thrift stores, hartford his 5 mins away but i dont feel like it :)

lol

By onumb Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:11 am
i live in San Fransisco but i still stick to grage sales and thrift stores. i find tons of good vinyl and even snagged a perfect 1200 mkII for 40 bones. so hit those grage sale and hope for the best

By heavysound Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:48 pm
5 minutes is nothing.
I have gone on 1000 mile road trips looking for vinyl.
I have flown from Cali to London for vinyl.
I will continue to do so until it's all gone.
Soon I will be in your town.
mwahahahaha!

Peace!
Heavy

By JStruMENTAL Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 pm
spectre wrote:

im 15, what u want me to do

By Cheech Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:20 am
JStruMENTAL wrote:
spectre wrote:

im 15, what u want me to do

What has age got to do with it? Surely you can take the bus or ride your bike. Or even walk, if it's a 5 min drive it shouldn't take you longer than twenty minutes to walk.

By JStruMENTAL Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:03 pm
i was exagerating with the "5 minutes"

By DSTRUCT Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:01 pm
cmon man if you wanted to really dig you would go there

By tgw617 Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:05 pm
just let him be if he wants to go he will if he dont wana go he wont go. the end.

By gordongecko23 Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:47 am
let him be? he posted his sob story.