Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By MATT_MEDEIROS Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:41 am
whatsup?

im looking to make some dramitic beats, i need at least 1 for my album. anyways, im having trouble finding some... well not true, i find many, but i have trouble making them all work together. i usually find dramitic loops and make verses out of them, but when it gets to the hook, i have trouble. i mean sometimes i guess, i could switch up the tempo and make it faster, more like "there is light in darkness" type idea. but this time i want to make it sololy :( .

anywyas, where should i look? im not askign for secrets, but i have touched on mainly orchestral, damn i love orchestral, i find everything in that.

oh sh*t, before i foret, anyone know wher ei can get soem DOPE rain samples, like a cloudy/down/depressing/day type rain. prodigy and havoc used a damn good sample back in the day. im not looking for the same one, but the same style, for a completly different idea....

By stryke Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:06 am
I don't know about the first part of your question but,if you need like rain and storm effects,just go to best buy and look for those relaxation c.d.s.I haven't seen too many of them on vinyl.But i'm sure you can find the c.d(4-5 bucks).I think it's relaxation or atmosphere.(something like that)Good Luck.

By tdot Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:21 am
Classical Music is an amazing source for this.

Most of the time they have single violin chords and they sound massive as shit. I have a cd from the Toronto Opera and the ambience of the cd is incredible. The sound is big and ferocious(think lean back)

By dj e.d.e Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:37 am
sample the real thing thats what i do i got lots of samples like this recorded on mini disc when evr it rain out here in the bay i stay up at night and record the rain and use them in my backgrounds sounds pretty good.

then in the dollor bins theres these records that say enviorment and there's lighting and trees that has killer rain storm.
good luck
yo

By LabratsProd Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:01 pm
Mystic Mood orchestra has some good rain samples at the beginning and end of a few of a bunch of their songs.

Just to forwarn you though...if you go out and buy those CDs from Best Buy, check and make sure there isn't any music already recorded on the CD. I bought one for some rain samples and there was this lame kenny-g bullshit throughout the whole CD. I couldn't hardly get anything off the whole CD.

By MATT_MEDEIROS Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:06 pm
relaxation CDs. thats a good idea

By incurablebeatlust Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:30 pm
la woman by the doors has riders on the storm on it w/ a rainy intro. try movie soundtracks for some very dramatic sounds. think hitchcockian movies, scifi, action, whatever. jazz records will usually have some real drama type ish on em too..

By cyrus Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:07 am
check out vivaldi. For orchestra.

He does the "four seasons" like a series of songs for each season. Anyways, hes got lots of drama......like slow and quiet, then fast and hard.....slow and quiet......then angry.

When you first listen youll recognize some of the tunes (from movies or whatever) but give a full listen and youll find some ish!

just made a super nice beat yesterday with it. super nice. Ill post it in a day or so.. (gotta copyright this shit)

peace

By cyrus Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:09 am
BTW.

i just bought the new "young buck". There is some dramatic beats on that.

I noticed that those beats use a real bass hard kick, sort of like a big beat kick.

THen claps.

But then theres some keyboardish strings. BUt what made it really hard and dramatic was the "trance like" synth lead-bassline.....something youd get off a Acces VIrus.

just some thoughts.

By jpeg Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:07 pm
If ur looking for drama get into sound tracks thats ur best bet