Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc
By JUKE 179r Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:18 am
I remember finding at the run out of an old SalSoul Orchestra Disco record, it had women singing a Jack n Jill song in accapella...
"Jack n Jill went up a hill,
To have a little fun,
Stupid Jill forgot the pill,
And now they have a son."
By NearTao Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:16 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:I remember finding at the run out of an old SalSoul Orchestra Disco record, it had women singing a Jack n Jill song in accapella...
"Jack n Jill went up a hill,
To have a little fun,
Stupid Jill forgot the pill,
And now they have a son."

That's a hook.
By Metatron72 Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:00 pm
:lol:

I wonder if those per usage based SalSoul libraries that exist now will ever go deep enough to offer WAV and a license form for that crazy bit. I dig SalSoul but never heard about that one. Nice one. :mrgreen:
By Scrawny Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:13 am
Not sure if this is relevant but I bought a Charles Mingus record last week where the edges got teeth like a circular saw blade type shit. When I put it on 45 and hold my nail to the teeth it even does the sound like a saw lol. :lol: :smoker: :smoker:
By peterpiper Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:43 am
fobedafied wrote:https://www.discogs.com/Donald-Trump-Keep-America-Great/release/15387607

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I had a kind of similar record in my collection that I 'got' from my schools library back in the 80s (hey thats statute-barred :) )
https://www.discogs.com/Adolf-Hitler-Da ... se/2708242

Put aside emotion and moral (I didn't care in my youth), this voice (the sound of it) was a pleasure to scratch (and kind of funny listening to at 45RPM +8).

I threw it away (with many other records. Don't panic, just records you can't sell even for 20 cents) when I moved last year.

peace
By fobedafied Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:42 am
Scrawny wrote:Not sure if this is relevant but I bought a Charles Mingus record last week where the edges got teeth like a circular saw blade type shit. When I put it on 45 and hold my nail to the teeth it even does the sound like a saw lol. :lol: :smoker: :smoker:

nice havent seen that one. :-D
By peterpiper Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 pm
fobedafied wrote:
peterpiper wrote: just records you can't sell even for 20 cents

:nod: :mrgreen:

No you wouldn't. Scratchy and/or warped records, some without cover, and bad content (bad german Schlager, Blas und Volksmusik, kids records, bad pressed Rock Pop Top 40 VA records with songs you find on so many other records)

Ok, you could clean them and put them on the wall, make art out of them, use them as an extraordinary fetish in orgy sessions 'Hit me with that moldy record, baby' :)

peace